Sunday, October 3, 2010

Paleo Pasta

Squash?  Gross.  I have never been a squash eater.  But then my friend Lisa bought Robb Wolf's new book and told me that the spaghetti squash recipe is amazing, that it tastes just like angel hair pasta, and that it can be served in lots of fun ways.  Like with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  Or with a marinara meat sauce.  Which I can't wait to try.

I have to say, I'm not sure if I cooked it long enough - the texture was a little crunchy.  But the taste was good.  Score one more for Robb Wolf!


For four servings you will need:
1 spaghetti squash
salt & pepper
garlic
olive oil

1.  Preheat oven to 375.  
2.  Carefully cut squash in half lengthwise.  Scoop out all of the seeds and mushy part.
3.  Place the squash halves face down in a baking dish and add 1/4 cup of water.  Bake for 30 minutes.
4.  Use a fork to scoop out all of the "pasta".  Be careful - the squash is hot.  Mine was - I didn't have time to let it cool.
5.  Top with a Tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper and garlic.  Or try your favorite pasta topping.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just "so-so" about the spaghetti squash. One of my friends does zuchinni cut into thin strips and steamed, which I may try. I just wasn't crazy about the spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete