Saturday, September 11, 2010

Paleo Crepes

My grandmother passed down her crepe recipe from her grandmother.  We all know how to make it by heart.  Alas, they are full of flour and sugar.  I found a good second on a website called Paleo-Zone.  They are a little thicker than I would like - I am used to paper-thin crepes.  But they taste great.  Another great alternative to eggs for breakfast.




For four crepes you will need:
2 Eggs
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil (heat on skillet before adding to bowl)
1 tsp agave nectar
2 Tbsp coconut flour
3 Tbsp coconut milk
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

1.  Beat eggs and rest of ingredients in a medium bowl with a whisk.
2.  Heat a non-stick 8" skillet over medium heat.
3.  Add 1/4 cup (or even a little less) of the batter to the pan.  Cook until the edges are dry and brown.
4.  Flip with a COMPLETELY DRY spatula.  They tear very easily and if you can shake the skillet to loosen them and "wrist flip" them, even better.

The serving possibilities are endless - fill them with your favorite fruit, cream cheese, whip cream or whatever else you can think of.   The kids devoured them!

1 comment:

  1. I've seen several coconut flour crepe recipes and I'm going to try them. I'm thinking they would be a good tortilla alternative perhaps, for a wrap-type sandwich. Wonder if they'd hold up for that type of thing?

    ReplyDelete